Joyska's Journal: reflection of christ











Thursday, May 18, 2006

reflection of christ

I was reading through some of the many blogs that i am connected to. I came across an entry that really got me thinking. In the entry, she (since I don't have her permission to post her blog, "she" will remain nameless) was talking about beauty and why water was so beautiful. She pointed out that one of the things that makes water beautiful is the reflection of the light and nature that shines on the surface.

So, (she continues) what makes us beautiful? The obvious answer if you believe in Jesus... is Jesus. Jesus, being the perfect and holy light reflected in our lives is where our beauty comes from.

That got me thinking. What is reflecting in my life? Does my reflection dim as I let other things cover His light? I started thinking about how easy it is to get caught up in all the season finales on TV, and how many of them are questionable in nature, in moral, and in conscience, yet I am glued to them. How does that affect my reflection?

I am thankful that I am in a place where my heart is constantly quickened back to a place of falling at Jesus' feet. I am thankful that my life is in such a season where my JOB requires 24 hours a week soaking up Jesus, and 24 hours a week reflecting him on the streets! It isn't about beauty for me, it's about reflecting His grace and forgiveness simply because that is what He gives me every day!
Joyska at 11:47 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home