Joyska's Journal: a story in song











Wednesday, May 24, 2006

a story in song

I came into the prayer room the other night just as Misty Edwards was starting her set. I sat down and journaled for a bit as Misty was alone on the stage singing her heart. Slowly the rest of her team joined her (must have been still playing at EGS or something!) Anyway, they began to sing through the story of the adulteress brought before Jesus (John 8).

I won't walk you through every amazing moment of it... but I will say this: there were two phrases that demonstrated the transformation in this woman's life.

Misty sang "Open up Oh ground... how long will it take to stone a harlot down... I'm broken, wounded, ashamed, like a noose around my neck, I wear the shame" They proceeded through the story and then Misty sang "He placed his hand under my chin and lifted my countenance" What an amazing transformation!

Then Monday night, I went downtown. I saw that transformation in the face of two of our friends there. One woman, Marsha, back in November was on her way to buy alcohol when one of our other friends invited her in for food. She came in, had some food, and wept. She came the following day to the prayer meeting, and after some time she said she wanted Jesus. She looked so scared that day. On Monday we sat chatting and laughing, and she suddenly says "I haven't had a drink since the day you invited me in... people ask me to come drink with them and I just tell them that I have Jesus now and don't need it!" WOO HOO! This is one who felt wounded and broken whose countenance has been lifted by Jesus! She's helping serve the food now, and is working towards getting her food handlers liscense so that she can run a cafe (we are ALL going to be working for her someday soon! I love it!)

Then there is Zeke. When Hope City first went to that area, Zeke lived in the building we were using. He was mean, grouchy and not impressed that we were there. He was hard to get along with, but we loved on him anyway, always inviting him to join us, leaving food for him, christmas presents etc. Well we lost him when we moved to a new venue and we heard he was in the hospital, but we didn't even know his real first name, let alone his last name. Well he found us. He came on Monday all smiles saying he missed us and even came on Tuesday to the prayer meeting. And you guessed it... a new lifted countenance!

These are fun stories of the fruit that we are seeing at Hope City! There are many more that we are praying for and longing to see come to Jesus. Marsha said "I can't wait til you guys are down here all the time... I want to be with others who love Jesus more!" Us too Marsha, we can't wait either!
Joyska at 12:31 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home