Joyska's Journal: day and night











Saturday, September 09, 2006

day and night

If any of you missed Stuart's teaching on Saturday night, I am sorry! :)
He spoke on the Night watch, and the importance of NIGHT and day prayer.
It was great. Now I already have a pull and a draw to the night which is why I am up so late in the prayer room, but to hear it preached from the front was a deep encouragement to me. If you want the notes go to www.ihop.org.

I know my last post was a long one, but it was an amazing story to me about engaging the heart while in prayer. Tonight, I am again amazed. As Stuart was speaking, he said "seek the beauty of the Lord, day and night." I sat in awe as I realized that doesn't simply mean pray day and night... because quite honestly I don't know if that is even physically possible... at least not for me.

But here is the thing: I SEEK the beauty of the Lord in the night, as I'm worshiping, as I'm studying, as I'm reading, and as I am praying and meditating on His word. But I SEE the beauty of the Lord in the day as I'm in the city... over and over again, I see it in the faces, in the words, in the serving, in loving my new friends. THEY are the beauty of the Lord!

Ha ha! As I so often end these blogs... I LOVE IT!
Joyska at 8:35 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home