Joyska's Journal: Whose team are we on?











Sunday, August 13, 2006

Whose team are we on?

There were many great things spoken at this conference... at least what I got to hear. y plan was to attend all of the sessions... it didn't quite work out that way.

The Lord has gripped my heart the last few days with something of a "higher" vision. I've been walking and working in such a way that i expect God to break in, but I am surprised when he does. For example, God has, every month, since I stopped getting a work scholarship, paid my rent and my bills. I've talked about this before, but I continually am awed. This past month... it was due Aug 4, at 5:00. Well, i was short, and didn't know where it was going to come from. But, by 4:55 that day, the money was in my hand. All of it. So I expect God to break through, but I am sure surprised when he does!

Mike spoke on Friday about "Contending for the Fullness of God's Power".

He talked about the need for having a higher vision for the breakthrough of His power. It was about recognizing that all of us are on the same team...working to see the Lord break into our city. That struck a cord with me. There is always a longing in me to see God break into the core. I get frustrated at times when I hear and see the stories of the poor... of the orphans... you know the drill.

We are on the same team. We are on God's team. So as people like me, or those at WCV, or those in the middle of New York and the drug addiction ministries, etc. are out "doing" to bring the breakthrough, how is it that those praying aren't doing the same thing. WE ARE ON THE SAME TEAM.

I feel like that was a break through in my own thinking these days. I did a post on "the tension" a little while ago, and it has "dogged" me a little. I carry both so strongly in my heart (and hopefully in my heart) prayer and mercy... "stay put and go"... all that stuff, and it has been difficult at times to walk the line of that. And yet even with that last post of not veering too far on either side of doing and contending... it didn't sit quite right. We are all called to both... in varying degrees.

I get such life from taking bag lunches into the inner city. I love it, I love the light that comes into people's eyes simply because you see them and you treat them as a child of God, not a throwaway of society.

But I also love what happened last night. I went to the prayer room around 1:00 am, thinking i'll pray for a couple hours and go home. The next thing I know it's 5:00 am and I am on my face crying out for the breakthrough in the streets. I came home this morning at 7:30, on fire and excited to see what God is going to do.

Some of those people may never come down to 35th and Gillam. But they were right there with me, agreeing in prayer for the salvation and revival of the inner city. And as I came home, I saw again... we truly are on the same team, and working for the same purpose... that God would breakthrough... and it is a result of those prayers that we can do anything at all in the city.

So the tension is eased by realizing that we are all on the same team.
Joyska at 7:05 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home