Joyska's Journal: Excitement is relative











Monday, August 07, 2006

Excitement is relative

I've been trying to figure out what to blog about for the last couple of days. There is always lots of things going on, but i talk about them all the time. My greatest dilemma in the blog world is always how to share my life without boring those who are reading. Then i realized, it doesn't matter! My life is exciting to me, so if you happen to get bored reading about it... well... it doesn't change my own excitement! ha ha... so sensitive I am!

So the latest excitement? I rearranged my living room, my bedroom and what is now known as the "spare room". My room mates moved out August 1st and since then I have busied myself making my apartment "MINE". I moved my desk into my living room so my computer had a safe home (it's taken quite a beating on the floor), moved my tv and couch and chairs to a new part of the room, and have found my "inspiration" for paint colours (colors... for my american friends) that I hope to paint on the walls (as opposed to paint on the carpet... hopefully).

Outside of my new (yet old) digs, I've been LOVING the time spent downtown. We have begun a new adventure of feeding the homeless (truly homeless) in a park where we know they are living in the bushes. This past week, we spent 2 hours just feeding and hanging out with some very cool people who were thrilled that we were there.

After that we went armed with brown bag lunches, complete with pb and j, fruit cups, little debby snacks, and crunchie cheetos (so healthy i know) and walked through areas that we know the homeless are hanging out. We handed them out, talked briefly and were amazed at how many HUNGRY people are out there. I walked away from that day, knowing that I was doing what I was menat to do! It was a good day!

So yah... that is my exciting life!
Joyska at 2:20 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home