Joyska's Journal











Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I've been reading a lot of John G. Lake lately. It's inspiring to me. John Lake had a healing ministry in Spokane Washington in the early 1900's. within 5 years the mayor declared Spokane to be the "healthiest city" because over 100,000 people had gotten healed. These are all documented, real healings.

Reading the stories and his understanding of the healing power of God, has got me thinking. His take is that God IN us, through His Spirit HAS to manifest when we walk in faith and understanding of who we are as God's purpose... ah so much to be said there... I am just amazed at how little I settle for...

More on that when it is clarified in my heart and head. I just wanted to update my blog and let everyone know I am alive and well. I am in the prayer room a lot these days too, and God is doing something in my heart. I'm not exactly sure what it is yet, but it is exciting.

Hope City is going GREAT. We are all just excited about the relationships and the changes in our friends! :) Yesterday's prayer time was awesome. We just felt like God showed up and reassured us that we were on the right track. Sometimes it is hard to wait for the breakthrough, but as someone told me on the phone last week, we are planting, and it is KINGDOM PRINCIPLES that are being planted. I'm cool with that!

One quick story. Monday night we were downtown and feeding the people. We always stay for a while after and pray with whoever wants to stay. Up until recently it's always been Hope City staff who have prayed. This time, 3 of the folks who had come to eat STOOD UP and prayed... prayers sweet and honest. There are many things that I love about Hope City... but seeing people stand up in their faith and be part of the team has got to be one of my favourites!

More adventures tomorrow I am sure!
Joyska at 9:54 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home