Joyska's Journal: what they need











Thursday, August 17, 2006

what they need

I have blogged alot recently about Hope City and our adventures downtown. Today was another adventure. We headed out this afternoon armed with 40 lunch bags and cold waters to hand out to the homeless around the inner city. This is a highlight in my week for sure and one thing that makes me really appreciate what I have.

Today we had an odd request... 5 times. The request is not unusaual, as much as the timing. We have two teams that go out now, (growing weekly in our numbers) one went east, one went west. I was on the east team, but in talking with the other team we discovered what is on the mind of many of the homeless... where are they going to go for the winter.

The timing was odd, because the temperature today was 100 degrees. But the question is on all their minds. Even our Ron, who otherwise doesn't want help, said he's getting too old to survive another winter. Winters here are not Winnipeg winters...but any winter in any place is too cold.

There are few things that bring me to tears, but hearing this today has brought tears to my eyes a few times. We've come to know and love so many of these guys and women. PLEASE PRAY WITH US! We are asking God to move miraculously and to give us housing for the homeless and addicted. NO ONE should freeze to death.

I've spent numerous hours in the prayer room as of late... 25 in the last 4 days actually, reading John G. Lake, the Bible and praying through my prayer list. I feel like I personally am on the verge of "something", but I am praying that it is more about Hope City and the homeless then it is about me... Please pray that God would fill us with wisdom and discernment as we seek to hear His voice and do what He asks us to.
Joyska at 5:34 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home