Joyska's Journal: deep calls to deep











Sunday, October 17, 2004

deep calls to deep

Lord we have heard of your great fame , cause all to shout your name! Put a cry in us so deep inside that we cannot speak and we weep and cry out to you. Salvation spring up from the ground, rend the heavens and come down.

I got back from the WCV women's retreat last night and was moved again at how the Spirit moves. There is a deep cry in the heart of many to see Jesus' face, to know him intimately, to truly understand his call in our lives and know him as king, bridegroom and judge. I feel such a stirring in my own heart as I wait on him. I know that it is so important for times like the retreat to be rejuvinated and refreshed and one of the best ways is to know His nearness and His commitment to us. And to give those things back to him. To long to be close to Him is good, but it goes hand in hand with going near to Him. That's what He is teaching me. Daily.

I was struck with a desire to pray for the babies and the babies that are coming this weekend. Of course it helped that there were 12!!! babies at the retreat! Each one with their own personality, their own unique cry, and each with the Spirit of God! There is such beauty in that!

Anyway, I must now turn my mind and heart to the task at hand. There are many children about to descend on us here at the church and I need to "prepare the way". Please pray that the Father gives wisdom, words and authority as we talk again today about miracles and the wonders of God. I have the greatest job!!!

TPB Qoute for today:
My heart made that cry when they killed my father, the man in black makes it now.


May the cry of your heart be a longing for your true love!!!
Joyska at 7:07 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home