Joyska's Journal: The Santa Clause Parade











Sunday, November 21, 2004

The Santa Clause Parade

Ahh, Gone are the days of waiting up all night to see if Santa is coming! Now I stand on the street outside of Portage Place for an hour and a half to see the big man coming on a huge sleigh... with thousands of people, losing all feeling in my toes... watching as children get closer and closer to the floats as they try to navigate through the crowd... then of course the wonderful traffic jams that follow... all to see the big man in the red suite.

I love it! Christmas is such a great season, and though it is not about the jolly gentleman, I love the parades, the lights, the music proclaiming God's coming everywhere you go... It's awesome.

I came home and watched Cheryl assemble the Advent Wreathe for this morning. We put on Micheal W. Smith's Christmas Album (which of course is the FIRST CD of every christmas season) and begged Cheryl to let me put up the tree. (The girl is evil... no tree until December 1!!!!) I did manage to get her to let me put it up next Sunday... Wahoo!!!

Anyway, it is way too early to say Merry Christmas, but as Advent is apon us (next week Sunday... a week from today) it is definitely time to make the season bright!

HAPPY ADVENT!!!!
Joyska at 6:36 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home