Joyska's Journal: Many things!











Monday, November 08, 2004

Many things!

There are many things to bring you all up to date on! So rather than have one super long paragraph, I will update you by topic.

Lack of communication:
Thank you to those of you who have been wondering where I am and how I am doing as it has been over a week since I blogged. The phone calls were appreciated. It has been a tougher week than normal... my move to Kansas City is moving slowly, so I think I am a little more stressed about that than I was willing to admit. (of course, everyone else saw it on me!) Anyway, thanks for your prayers and input)

MY HAIR :(

I went to the hair dresser (hair mutilater) on Friday. I said "I would like it a little shorter and something that works well with my curls." Needless to say, (from my earlier comment) I look like I got in a fight with a lawn mower and the lawn mower won! (All I can say is-- you should see the lawn mower!!)

Here are some of the best comments so far:

"It will grow back"
"Your hair is shorter everytime I see you"
"Wow, your hair is gone"
"It's... cute"
"I'm getting used to it"
In response to my saying I look like a tent,"no... more like a mushroom"
"it's a little young"
"You look so much better with short hair"
"It's different... do YOU like it... cause that is what is important"

O to be able to put the hair back on! I'm amazed at how a hair cut can so affect how I feel about myself. crazy... sorry...no pictures!!!

Going Home for Christmas:
I did it! I booked a flight home (thanks to my friends and parents with gifts and loans) I haven't been home for Christmas in 5 or 6 years. That is incredible to me. I haven't seen any of my family in almost 2 years. That's even more amazing to me. The nieces and nephews are all growing up so fast... I have seven of them... and I rarely see them. If my family is reading this... I can't wait to see you all!

Watching the night sky:
Last night, Cheryl J and her friend yuta and I went outside of the city to watch the Northern Lights. I must confess, I went along not expecting to be awed or impressed. I've seen them before, they are cool and everything, but... they're northern lights. But I have never seen them through the eyes of someone who has never seen them. (okay maybe the first time I saw them) I tried to put myself in his shoes (being from Japan) and found myself in awe.

And then I realized it was going to be awhile til I could see them again. Kansas is too far south to see the Northern Lights and suddenly I was more impressed. Funny how we take such things for granted heh? Then I started thinking, what else do I need to do and see before I leave this great country of ours? Even in Winnipeg, what have I not seen or done that is "Winnipegonian" in nature? Any ideas? Anyone want to join me in doing some of these things before January????

Okay so that is the practical updates. God is teaching me incredible things about his character and his love as I continue my reading through the old and new testament simultanously. Fascinating and life-changing... but that is for another blogging day!

I like that... is it a blogging or a non blogging day... that is the question!!!
Joyska at 7:34 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home