Joyska's Journal: getting it vs. getting it right











Friday, October 29, 2004

getting it vs. getting it right

Rough week. I know that God's hand is moving in my life in the lives of everyone around me. But sometimes you just feel stuck.

I'm reading through 2 Chronicles right now (soon to move into Ezra) and am again amazes at how easily the kings would disregard the word of the Lord and the incredible price that the nation paid for that disregard. But it shows God's mercy. He would allow other nations to invade, to take over, to send Isreal into exhile UNTIL they cried out to the Lord.

Someone told me lately that some of things that I am trying to walk through and figure out are an opportunity to grow spiritual muscles. I like that. It's all about knowing God, His infinite love, His unending mercy and His life altering grace. If I can focus there and make daily and life decisions based on those realities, I am running after God and his heart, and I'm building spiritual muscles. It's not about getting it right, it's about getting it... knowing who I am and where my security lies.

David was a king after God's own heart. He didn't always get it right (as the story of Bathsheba tells us) but he did "get it". So as I read through the old and new testament, I see it again and again. God is looking for those who understand his heart and are willing to pursue it... even when we screw up the pursuit.

Yeah God! I am truly thankful that you are drawing my heart and that I'm just beginning to "get it".
Joyska at 2:48 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home