Joyska's Journal: These boots were made for walking











Sunday, November 14, 2004

These boots were made for walking

I took a risk a little while ago. I was shopping and came across a pair of high heel boots -- the ones that zip up the whole length of your calf -- yeah, the "sexy ones". Anyway they were on sale for $20.00 (regularly 79.99) and I thought, wow! That's a steal. So I bought them. This was probably two weeks ago. I haven't had the courage to wear them! They are so different than what I normally wear, and I have NEVER worn heels before!

SO... Today (a Sunday of all days) I get the courage to wear them. (Okay I did try them in the house and once to a movie... but I was in the dark most of that time!!!) I got all dressed up this morning (the skirt, the hair... I almost even wore make-up... what is happening to me?!!??) I get downstairs, put on my boots, look in the mirror and chicken out. But I was determined to wear the boots, so upstairs I went and changed into my LONG jeans. So I am wearing the boots, but no one can really see them... whew! (of course I feel like Andre the Giant!)

THEN... I step out my front door, take two steps and far from gracefully grab the railing as I almost tumble head over such glorious heels. Still determined, and slightly embarrassed, I keep going. I have about a 3 or 4 block walk to get to church... HEELS WERE NOT MADE FOR WALKING!!!! Maybe I'm not walking properly, I don't have enough of a swoosh, or I can't do the model cross leg while you walk thing... I don't know, but here I sit, in my office, contemplating HOW ON EARTH will I make it through Kids Church in HEELS...

Sometimes, trying to change is a little silly...
Joyska at 6:33 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home