Joyska's Journal: signs of change











Wednesday, November 10, 2004

signs of change

I was sitting in the office this morning and was thinking about how different it looks since Nancy left. Gone is the HUGE desk in the middle that symbolized the creative synergy (and mess) that we could muster... Gone are the boxes of stuff that needs to be brought upstairs. Gone is the evidence of Jessica playing on the computer. Gone also are the loud laughs and realization that they put us across the hall so that the main office was uneffected by our peals of laughter.

What is in it's place is an office evidently run by someone who is working on the side for Coca-cola. Lots of floor space in the center of the room, and more books than you can shake a stick at. It's a busy place... lots of candy to lure people in to visit, a seating area and the ever present mess that follows the creative... (yeah, that's why it's messy).

And then, the realization that this office will change again... soon. Coke will no longer sponser WCV children's ministry office space. There will be a new face and a new style that occupies this space. I'm excited to see what it will all look like in a few months time.

The process for me is really hitting home. (If you couldn't figure that out from this entry) I really am leaving. With that comes sadness... and great excitement. And the craziness that accompanies moving. I went to see what i have in storage, and it can probably fill (sparcely) an apartment. I haven't lived by myself for 6 years and only then for one year. I'm looking forward to that. I love my room mates (So Cheryl if you are reading this, don't take it personally), but I know it will be good to have a place to call my own.

Anyway, enough of this reminiscing and projecting the future. There is much to do TODAY, so I will continue on the journey.

Joyska at 10:44 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home