Joyska's Journal: Here we go...faith support...











Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Here we go...faith support...

Well, I spent most of yesterday working on my support raising letter. Kansas City is a wonderful opportunity, and it is also becoming a missionary again. It's an ackward balance when writing these letters. I have no desire to manipulate people into feeling obligated to support me financially, but i also don't want to soft pedal it so that there is no motivation. I think I have struck a good balance.

So here we go... it's a perilous journey of sorts. But it's amazing how faith building it is. I raised support for a number of years a while ago, and was constantly amazed how God would provide... again and again and again. When I got a job that paid, it was easy to forget that ultimately every dime comes from him, because suddenly the pay cheque was garuanteed. That's a good way to live too... don't get me wrong, but the faith growing aspect can be fun. It has it's level of stress as well, but I know that God is faithful, I have heard him say "go" and in obedience I will go and I believe he will make the way!

It's good. But it is shaking everything I depend on. Yeah God!! That's what I've been praying for..."Shake everything that hinders love" So hang on, cuz the ride has begun!!!
Joyska at 9:15 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home