Joyska's Journal: They kept the charge











Wednesday, September 28, 2005

They kept the charge

Today I spent 7 hours in the prayer room. YEAH!!! This morning I was in there because my office is being renovated... and we weren't allowed in there!
SO I worked in the prayer room.

but this afternoon was what I wanted to tell you about. I went in at 1:30 and together with my team, we decided to study Ezekial 44:15 "But the priests the Levites, the sons of Zadok, that kept the charge of my sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from me, they shall come near to me to minister to me; and they shall stand before me to offer unto me the fat and the blood, says the Lord Jehovah"

The sons of Zadok were faithful ministers of the word -- direct descendants of Aaron, to whom the Lord promised an everlasting priesthood. Zadok actually means "righteous" and is considered a "type" of Christ - through whom WE become priests and righteous.

The sons of Zadok, stood when Israel fell. They kept charge, kept the pure doctrines, with no compromise, they stood in a time when there was great compromise , with courage and valour, they did not back away.. even when persecuted, they were determined to keep the sanctuary pure, and taught the people to do the same... to follow the ordinance as first given.

The commentary I was reading along with this said this:
God takes notice of this, and promises them great things (revelation 2:7 he who has an ear let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him that overcomes, to him will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the Paradise of God (ASV).

I was struck by the need for the priest to keep charge of the sanctuary. And I was even more struck by the reward that they received. Literally they were given the right to come into the presence of the Lord!

Then, I switched gears and started reading through the Psalms again. In Psalm 92:16-17 it says "Who will rise up against evil doers? Who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity? Unless the LORD has been my help, my soul would have soon settled in silence." I knew the Lord was tweaking something in my heart, so I took a spot on the Life Line (the red tape at the front of the prayer room where people pray against abortion and for life in north america). As I was there I began to pray for those who have an appointment with death to be released from that appointment (PSALM 102:20) and I felt a compulsion to pray... to stand for the laws of the LORD. To not allow compromise in the doctrines of the temple... and the Lord ambushed me!

I found myself on the life line for an hour and 45 minutes, crying out to the Lord "Jesus I plead your blood over my sin and the sins of our nation, end abortion and send revival to America." it is about abortion, for sure, but also about same sex marriages, and a whole host of compromises that our churches and government continue to make. Where are the sons of Zadok today? Who stands for the original and true word of the Lord?

Who indeed?
Joyska at 11:12 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home