Joyska's Journal: i've never stayed with Yvonne before











Saturday, November 05, 2005

i've never stayed with Yvonne before

I came to Yvonne's innocently enough, responding warmly to invitation to her invitation to stay with her and her family. And when I came, I packed lightly, I had little care as to how curly my hair was, and I was not afraid of the rain. Oh what a difference a day makes!

I am much closer to blonde, and Yvonne is now a red head. Highlights used to be the post game commentary I would listen to on the radio after the Blue Bombers game (CFL). Now, they are "the first day of the rest of my life", after all how do you back to plain ole brown. I asked Yvonne... as she pulled out the bulk size professional bleach she just happened to have... "do you know how to do this?" To which she replied "How hard can it be... after all it's not brain science".

Stay tuned for pictures.

Now I'm talking about make-up. And Bohemian style shirts... and "accessories". I miss my plain jane days... now I have to comb my hair. (Yvonne's comment of the day in her most nonthreatening, annoyingly cheerful way "Hey guess what? Did you know that when you have straight hair you have to comb it? HINT HINT)

To top it all off... Yvonne is beautiful... and I feel the need to at least try to keep up... although I have seen her after she has been crying and there is a reason she wears make-up!

But here is a perfect example. Yvonne spent the last 45 minutes getting ready to go to a celebration service where it will be dark and she'll be crying anyway (yes we know how to celebrate in Winnipeg). She politely asks me, "Joyska, how long do you need to get ready before we go? To which I reply "5 minutes I have to brush my teeth...oh wait 10, cause I have to comb my hair"...

Yvonne "sigh"

I must go now, hair and teeth need brushing...

GOOD Luck Anneka and Aila... I'll be praying for you...
Joyska at 3:05 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home