Joyska's Journal











Friday, December 28, 2007

Today (with the help of my friend Derek) I moved the rest of my boxes from Cheryl's house to MY house. My house. Sounds nice.

It's snowing outside, and all I need is my tree set up... ahhh, but that is for another year. We are now looking forward to the new year and all it has to bring. I certainly wouldn't have thought a year ago that I would be back in Winnipeg, working at Siloam Mission and renting my own house. Last year at this time we were just getting through the Christmas rush at Hope City and IHOP and were praying for the new year. It was just over a year ago that Hope City changed gears too,,, from a feeding ministry that prayed to a praying ministry that feeds. 2 Chronicles 29:11 changed many things.

Then, there is now. I am working full time in a homeless mission and a part of Sanctuary House of Prayer, I miss Kansas City, IHOP, Hope City, and mostly the people... a lot, but I am glad to be here too. I'm learning a lot about what it means to be homeless in winter and very, very cold weather, what it means to be poor in one of the richest countries in the world, and how all I can do to truely make a difference is pray and treat people... all people ...with dignity.

Good lessons. Who knows what will happen this year :)
Joyska at 5:45 PM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great. I wish I could come and see it.

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Posted our family Photos on my blog, check them out.

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Please get ahold of me! I miss you and so much to tell... Tim and I are looking at houses to buy... want to tell you so many things and hear about YOUR HOME! woo hoo! Love ya loads. Diana

2:13 PM  
Blogger ccap said...

Hello?

[knock, knock]

Anybody home?

Time for an '08 post.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home