Joyska's Journal: It is 6:30 am and my eyelashes are frozen!!











Sunday, December 19, 2004

It is 6:30 am and my eyelashes are frozen!!

Day THREE here we come!! I've been envisioning this day since early July. That's when the planning and scheming began for this years 5th (or 6th) annual Children's Christmas Service! The hour is early and after a nice brisk eyelash freezing (as opposed to bone chilling) walk to the church, I believe I am almost ready for this morning. I'm so proud of our kids!! They have worked so hard, and I know that even if this morning isn't absolutely perfect, it will be inspiring!!

I will be glad when everything settles down however!

Yesterday was a very productive day. The dress rehearsal went without a hitch, (which makes me nervous because crazy dress rehearsals mean AWESOME services, what does an Awesome dress rehearsal mean???). My afternoon was spent watching the extended version of the Return of the King while wrapping Christmas presents... then off to supper and a movie... then talked with Christine til the wee hours of the morning (while writing out many names of Jesus... multi-tasking at it's best) Then dreamt I was on the Apprentice and that by turning my alarm off, rather than hitting snooze would disqualify me from winning the final prize... yes, I was "fired".

Okay here is a story that should make you laugh. I was bringing down the Nativity scene from the fourth floor yesterday. (are you laughing yet?) The stall or barn or whatever the backdrop is called is all wood, and all heavy. Being the brilliant person that I am (now you are laughing!) I stepped into the stall and used my head to carry the monsterous contraption. So, I get the thing onto the freight elevator (how many of you have freight elevators in your church?) and get back down to the 1st floor. I was navigating quite astutely through the laberynth of chairs and shepherds, wisemen and sheep that are strewn on the floor. All went well until I came to the stage. I confidently headed for the two wee little steps that are on the stage and as I traversed the first one, I felt the weight of the barn thing shift to the back, and thought that if I just moved quickly up the next step, I would be fine... Ah, but alas, the weight shifted even more to the back as I angled up the second tiny little step and yep... over I went, landing squarely on the side wall of the stall. Now considering I was the only one in the building, all that was hurt was my backside! But now that I have shared this all with you... I can also say I have wounded my pride!!!!

Have a great last Sunday before Christmas! Don't forget to light that advent wreathe today! There is much to do! Must go... my eyelashes are thawed, so off to work I go!!!
Joyska at 6:58 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home