Joyska's Journal: He's always on my mind











Friday, September 30, 2005

He's always on my mind

Lord I will seek you, on my bed think upon you
In the day I'll dream of you
You are always on my mind
with my whole heart I love you, with my mind and my strength too
Waste my life searching for you
You are always on my mind.

Though I'm poor and needy, the Lord thinks upon me,
Though His name is HOLY
I am always on His mind
Though I'm weak and lowly, the Lord dreams about me
Though he is high and lofty,
I'm always on His mind

For I am in love with God
And He is in love with me.

How far will you let me go
How abandoned will you let me be?

He is farther than the farthest galaxy
He is closer than the air I breathe

His thoughts towards toward me are more than the sounds of the sea...

I've been in the prayer room for awhile today and was stirred by the set that Misty Edwards is leading this afternoon. She just finished the above song that she has written... and has changed every time she sings it... but this time, it hit a groove and a nerve here in the room.

I love it when the air literally gets think in here. There is so much that goes on in this room, from someone who is typing on their computer (that would be me) to the one laying on the floor crying out before the Lord (that would not be me at the moment)yet you can feel the presence of the Lord in this place. So why am I typing? Because this song strikes a chord in me too. It again is the wooing of God... he loved me first, so i in turn love him... I think about him all the time... but he thought of me first. (He is a lover, looking for a lover so he formed my heart...God is a lover looking for a lover so he fashioned me... what a great line!) See the way he holds the stars in His hands... see the way he holds my heart...

I'm struck by this song, because it is showing my longing for Him is preceeded by his longing for me. No emotion or longing or desire I have can be my initiative... it all is in response to his love for me! And there is great rest, joy, and fulfillment in that.

Proverbs 15:16 "Better is a little while with the fear of the LORD, than great treasure with trouble. Better is a dinner of hebs where love is, than a fatted calf with hatred."

I'm clinging to your mercy. I'm hoping in your love for me! (again... Misty)
Joyska at 1:18 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home