Joyska's Journal: Long time no blog











Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Long time no blog

Sorry, it's been awhile since I've blogged. I haven't known exactly what to write as it's been a crazy month or more. I am loving being in my new house (though as of late I have discovered a few furry nasty creatures running amuck... for those of you who don't know me too well... I HATE mice and have a bit of a phobia of them... yah... it's been fun)

Work at SIloam has been wonderful. It has many ups and downs in a day, and it is difficult sometimes to hear the stories and see the struggles, but it's also a great place to see people beginning to make changes. Transitions are relative when it comes to homelessness. A day without alcohol is a major step. A person who didn't talk to anyone months ago, who now talks to all of us is a major transition. It's a cool thing to watch and be a part of.

My health is still a frustrating thing. I get to work, get home and then don't want to do or go anywhere. I'm exhausted... all the time. It is most likely I'm picking up some germs from work, but I think it must be that AND my immunity is low. My feet are still numb in places and painful in others. Still no real difinitive answer, but all seems to point to the Diabities. I'm hoping to get some orthotics in the next few weeks, see how that works.

I've also gotten some news from some friends that are having major health issues in their pregnancies. I am praying for life for both of them, and healing ... complete healing. This is hard for everyone involved, and I just want to see God break in. So I am praying hard and waiting in expectation for healing to come.

Well... I guess that is the update. :)
Joyska at 8:12 PM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your health difficulties and hope you are feeling better soon. I am not surprized that you are enjoying your work, God certainly puts you where your gifts are best used. Hope to see you Oscar night

Marja

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home