Joyska's Journal











Monday, September 17, 2007

It's early. 6:16 am to be exact. This early morning business is new for me. I have a long bus ride, actually not really... I have a long wait for the bus ride to get to work. It take 2 buses to get there. The funny part is, if I had a car... it would be 15 minutes... 20 on a busy traffic day. By bus... well anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and a half on weekends. It's a new reality for me and I must say that in the current weather, I quite enjoy it.
I am NOT however, looking forward to the wait in -30 degrees! But God is gracious and compassionate... at least that doesn't change! haha

The sugar battle is going well. (so far so good!) It's a new reality for me too. I don't keep it in the house at all, and have been very strict, even with a Starbucks 2 doors down! My drink of choice has always been the Chai Tea Latte, or this time of year the Pumpkin Spice Frapp, but alas... sugar galore! So now, in my daily visit... it's Venti Tazo Chai (with room) one tea bag... with room for milk. (The $1.81 is a little easier on the pay cheque too!) I'm making more meals at home and bringing left overs into work, or I run to the Safeway next door and pick up a salad... though that too is hard on the wallet.

Here's the kicker... I'm drinking... well... you might want to sit down for this...

WATER. Yep. Diet Coke is rarely in my home. For three weeks, it's been water or some form of Crystal Light, but mostly... water. I haven't sworn off Diet Coke, in fact it's more been about lack of finances then it's been about choice, but I'm only drinking it when I go out for a meal. And it's been okay. I haven't keeled over, I haven't died, in fact I almost feel...well, better. Now I don't need a lot of comments on the woes of Diet Coke and artificial sugars... I know. It's just a comment on a seemingly new reality for me again.

So if you were wondering what was new with me, that pretty much sums it up. I know there are lots of things going on, like getting together with people like... every night for two weeks now! And praying lots, reading lots, and getting to know a new job... but other than that... it's been asking God what he has me to do here... in Winnipeg... for HIM. I'm still waiting for that answer.

Later!
Joyska at 4:16 AM

7 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Wow! Way to go on the sugar battle! Keep it up!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Lanney said...

That is great Joyska! Where are you living by the way?

7:37 PM  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

proud of you! i'm not in a rush for you to come over again - no pressure. whenever you've got the time and would like a free meal, just know that i'm here! :)

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wish that water tasted like diet coke... (coleen)

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

boy it has been too long since I have checked in. I think of you often but life stays busy with four little ones. I have also been quite sick and exausted with this pregnancy yep number five is on her/his way have the eighteen week ultrasound on friday.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Roo said...

way way waaaaaay to go miss joyska! i came to visit you at work the other night....but alas -- you wasn't in.

maybe i'll see you at the one thing thingee....

xoxox

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow sounds like you have your work cut out for you.. hey Gale had a good dream bout you.

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home