Joyska's Journal: sugar woes











Wednesday, September 12, 2007

sugar woes


I would be the first to admit that if there are sugary things aroung I WANT them. When there is none of them in my home, I CRAVE them. And when I give in, I REGRET eating them... especially today.

I went to the doc today. It's my 2nd visit since being back in Winnipeg. The first wasn't a pleasant visit as he "let me have it" for not taking care of the Diabities very well over the past 2 years.

Today's visit was looking at my test results. My numbers are way too high. He put me on some meds already last week, and added another today. It struck me at one point, that really, it's ridiculous that my sugars are so high. I know better, I've been told many times, and yet for many years... well... it didn't matter.

Why am I blogging this? Well, I need to put it out there. I need to tell people that sugar is my enemy. If I can tell people, it might make me think twice when that sweet comes across my path. If people know, then maybe the accountability might help me walk away...

I guess what I'm saying is that, even though I KNOW I have to stop the sugar, I could use some accountability and support. I'm asking you to pray... to help me help myself. I'm asking you to ask the Lord for his grace, and that it is for Him that I change my attitude about food, health, and life in general. It's harder than I ever thought it would be, but I have to get it right this time.

Sugar really isn't the enemy. My desire to inhale it when I see it isn't the enemy either. The true antagonist in this story truly is my own decisions. I'm attempting to turn a corner. Please pray that this change actually happens! THANK YOU... and if there are any of you out there who have any great ideas on HOW to walk this out practically, shoot me an email at joyska@hotmail.com.

Here's to a life a little less sweet!
Joyska at 7:09 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Joyska,
I'm proud of you! It must be hard to try and turn a corner....I understand your desire for sugar. I LOVE sugar and that isn't good for me either! Way to put it out there and ask for help and accountability. I pray for healing for you!

8:19 PM  
Blogger mmichele said...

aw. i wouldn't have grabbed a handful of m&ms right in front of you if i had read this post first...

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home