Joyska's Journal: TA DA!!!!











Monday, October 15, 2007

TA DA!!!!

Well, it's official, so I can tell you all now.

The call went something like this:

Hi, this is Vicki, I'm wondering if you could help me find a book.

Sure, which book?

It's by Dave Hansley... (I type furiously and can't find it in the system)

Sorry, we don't seem to carry it... Is there anything else I can help you find?

Well, I'd like to offer you a FULL TIME position at SILOAM MISSION (siloam.ca if you are interested)

Absolutely! I would be thrilled to take the job.

Good, we would be thrilled to have you.

There were many other things said after that, but I was unable to express my excitement at the moment as customers and co workers were all around. However I stated that I was ecstatic, and that I was looking forward to it.

So as of November 1, 2007 I will be officially employeed (AND PAID WELL!!!) at Siloam Mission. I will be working the "frontline homeless" which basically means hanging out with the guys that come in to eat, as well as serving, and just getting to know them, and helping them get connected in the other ministries Siloam offers. As I said it is full time, and has benefits, 3 weeks holidays and well... more than anything it is what I want to do! WOOO HOOOO!

THREE HUGE POINTS! (that one was for you Lisa!)

So that was my big announcement. I apologize to those of you who thought I was getting married or something crazy like that... not happening! :)

Thanks to all of you who have been praying. This is a HUMUNGUOUS answer to prayer and I couldn't be more thrilled! I miss Hope City like crazy, but this is an amazing step in that direction!
Joyska at 8:41 PM

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great Joyska! I am so excited for you as you walk this out!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Yeah! It's great to be able to do what you want to do!

10:30 PM  
Blogger ccap said...

I'm so excited and happy for you that I could nearly cry.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

That is awesome Joyska....congratulations! God is so Good!

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES!!!! AWESOME!!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Roo said...

YAH
YAH
HIP HORAY!

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow im so proud of you , you didnt let the ball drop but allowed God to take you where you were meant to be. may you take a piece of hope city with you into this place. so then we will all be there with you ( smile).
smooches .
p.s. i missed your call call again on sat if you can

12:37 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

YES!! That's so great!! Praise the LORD!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

That's so amazing!!! So happy for you!

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home