Joyska's Journal: Tis the Season











Sunday, December 02, 2007

Tis the Season

Movie Day #2

The Star of Christmas featuring those adorable little vegetables, Bob and Larry.


It's a great story of finding the true meaning of Christmas. Bob wants to "teach London how to love" using a great musical production, when really all it takes is the truth of a God who loves us regardless of the fact that we don't deserve it. Great little video.


I went to work this afternoon and realized again that these are incredible people that I work with. Each one has such amazing stories to tell, and such humour in the telling. There is one gentleman that jokes with me everytime about his name, that I had the audacity to call him "sir" once, and now every day need to prove to him that I DO know his name. Then there is the guy who finds it hilarious to tap me on one shoulder but stand on the other and laughs so hard when I look the wrong way. There is the man that told me all about his wife who died two years ago and why Christmas is such a hard time of year. Then there is the girl who can't get enough of joking with me and telling me how funny I am. I enjoy being there so much. I love hearing the stories and the jokes, and even the same jokes everyday. I think it's part of why being with the poor is so important to me, regardless of what they have been through or ARE going through, they laugh.


I am praying that the love of Jesus will be the true source of their joy, and that there is truth that encourages all of our hearts. I'm reminded in this advent season, that for that reason, He came. I love this season as we wait for the celebration of His birth. Every year that has a deeper meaning and a deeper expression. The movies are fun, but it's the story behind each film, each day before Christmas that keeps me anticipating His return.


Joyska at 9:09 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger CK said...

Ok, I need your list of 27 Christmas movies. I also love, love, love Christmas movies but only have a handful. I'll share mine with you as well!

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home