Joyska's Journal: Siloam... Day 1











Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Siloam... Day 1

Today I started my job at Siloam mission. It has been a GREAT day. The morning consisted of orientation type things (once I got there! I was actually LATE for my first day... missed my bus... crazy bus!) Lots of information and lots of people to meet. Siloam is an amazing organization with a maze of a facility! It won't be a maze within a week I'm sure, but today I only got lost three times!

The mission is open from 8:00 to 2:00 and again at 6. The patrons (as they are called) are awesome! There are the classic grumpy men, the flirtateous ones, the funny ones, and the down right rude ones, but each of them is there because they are hungry and many are simply cold. It snowed today, and it's been wet and cold so there were many who hung out all day.

I really enjoyed just serving them, clearing tables and chatting as the meals were being served. I will get to do a lot more of that, but today with all the orientation, it was a short amount of time. I did know more of them than I thought I would, and that was cool. I knew many of the staff as well, so that was way too fun!

There is so much to be said, and I know there will be many more stories, but for now, I will say, I am THRILLED to be there.
BUT RIGHT NOW... I am off to a prayer meeting for the poor! :)
Joyska at 4:22 PM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joyska, I am so happy you got that job at Siloam. I can see God working. It's sooo great. He is amazing. I miss you so much. You were so great to have close, but I am glad God is paying so much attention to you. You are cool!! Luv ya, Gale

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home