Joyska's Journal: cold... how cold??











Wednesday, January 23, 2008

cold... how cold??

you know it is cold when the snow crunching under your feet sounds like styrofoam, when your glasses freeze... not fog... freeze, when even the patrons are running into the building after having their smoke break.

The last two days have been between minus 29 and minus 47 with the windchill. It's also been my joy and privilege to be outside the last two days. The wind is definitely the hardest part! But tomorrow I am back indoors and others on staff get the privilege of the warmer (minus 15 to minus 20) weather. Ahh the joys of Winnipeg winters!
Joyska at 7:34 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

You are so brave Joyska. I remember the winter in Kansas, how everyone there seemed undone by the cold and the snow. Where I live now, the cold seems so easy compared to what we have known in the Winnipeg years. You are very brave,as are most Winnipeg folks in the winter.

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

brrr....
sounds cold.

LisaV
LVerbruggen@sympatico.ca

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait for it to really warm up - I am such a wuss. Hey we still need to have tea some time!

11:58 AM  
Blogger pamero said...

Wow, I bet that -29 is lookin' nice today!

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home